Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Who Makes the Software I Want

The web has been around for 10 years (yes, the Internet has been around longer, but that's not my point for the night). Web survey software has been around for a number of years as well. Relational databases have been around much longer, as well as the concepts of normalization of data.

So why can't I find a web survey software program that uses a normalized relational database? Is this really too much to ask for?

And no, I am not talking about a perfectly normalized database. I don't need to get to fifth normal form. All I want is the ability to use a second table to capture multiple rows of data from the person/entity completing the survey.

I have seen the power of the web in general, the amazing ability of Google to search and help me find exactly what I am looking for on the web. I have been impressed with the flashy aspects of AJAX and 2.0. I have been entertained by YouTube and others. But I can not find the software to do what seems like it should be a simple task.

Won't someone please build this app?

-- Andy

P.S. On a side note, life is really better after cooking a good meal. If you haven't taken the time lately to set out and make a good meal, you are really missing out. (I only wish my skillet were bigger).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home