Sunday, July 23, 2006

I Hate Airports (Part 2)

Actually, before I say anything bad, I do want to point out that when I arrived at the Denver Airport I ran into a greeter who was very friendly, and very helpful.

But the airport car rental system seems to run a scheme similar to Albany. In this case there is only one gas station on your way into the airport (if you have never been to Denver, the airport is way outside of town, and even way outside of the reach of the suburbs). To bring a rental back (at least from the rental company I used, but I suspect others as well) you needed a receipt from that lone gas station showing that you had filled up. Without too much surprise that lone gas station charges higher rates than other places.

Luckily I had found a place east of Denver, on your way to the airport, that had a good gas rate, so I needed to buy very little gas at the lone gas stop. The place I found was some truck stop off of Quebec St. (In case you ever end up in a similar situation)

I still intend to write about my horrible car rental experience.

-- Andy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home