Sunday, May 27, 2007

Warren Brown Gets it right, as usual

I am not an expert on the issues of gasoline. It might help is I were to post more, force me to better keep track of the facts and stats. But that is neither here nor there.

On a day when many Americans watch cars going around in circles, for 1,100 miles averaging around 5 mpg (I believe, needs more fact checking)

It was interesting to see that we finally surpassed the better measure of highest gas prices for the US -- adjusted for inflation. I heard (but do not have the details to back this up) that the income of Americans has increased faster than inflation, which means that gasoline prices are still not at record levels in terms of impact on our wallets.

Anyway, I am writing to point out Warren Brown's latest article A Gas Crisis 30 Years in the Making. While Americans are complaining about high gasoline prices, "U.S. consumers are a long way from dealing with the truth." It is always easier to place the blame on someone else (in this case: the oil companies, the car companies, the government) but it often better to accept that we ourselves need to correct the mistake.

Pogo got it right, too.

-- Andy

(Notice how I used the word gasoline, instead of gas. That is because I would not want to confuse you by using an abbreviation. After all the product I am referencing is a liquid at STP)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home