Tuesday, July 03, 2007

It's Not About the Money

You can forget everything they teach you about in business school that says it is about the money -- it isn't.

Case in point. I just received a very generous gift from my employer for my anniversary with the company, in the form of a money gift card. It was very nice, and I do appreciate it. I certainly don't want to give the impression that I am some spoiled brat who is complaining about a gift (I don't want to be compared to this girl)

But I also got a wonderful gift for the same reason from an individual who recently left the company. A smaller dollar value was spent, but it was a care package which showed how much the person knows me. It really was much more meaningful and it really brightened my day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home