Friday, September 22, 2006

Somewhat Offline

I have learned that today is OneWebDay A day to recognize how connected the world is. I feel compelled to post to my blog.

And yet I was more offline than usual. In the morning, I was dealing with a plumber, as was getting my bathroom sink fixed. Plumbing has been a part of life for millennia, and will always have an impact on us greater than the web (unless we learn to live without water). Of course I still had access to email and a Citrix connection to our database back in the office.

This afternoon, I spent most of my time working to set up the computers that would go to our annual conference (Yes, I once made the decision to not disclose where I work, so I can't tell you the name of the conference). So I really wasn't online. But later in the afternoon as we were packing up our IT equipment, I was streaming music from Pandora.

And then I came home fired up the RSS reader and learned that today was OneWebDay. A connection back to the world of the web where I usually spend so much time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home