Saturday, December 09, 2006

Can't Wait for January 1

Unusual for me, I was actually out last night.

I had a great time (except for poor service, you would think a waitress would know she could increase sales/tip with better service).

After the meal, I went up to the front of the place to listen to the band. It was a bit too loud for me, but I am growing old (heck even the early service at my church is too loud for me).

But what really drove me crazy was the smoke. As I have been around fewer and fewer smokers, I have become less tolerant of smoke. And it certainly did not help that I was getting over a cold.

Well, the bouncer was kind enough to see my reaction and asked the near by smoker to put out his cigarette. The smoker threw it to the floor, but did not stamp it out (someone else was kind enough to do that).

Come January 1, I will not have to worry about this in this city. We will be able to enjoy going out without having to deal with this form of air pollution (and often, as in the case of last night, litter).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home