Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Belle and Sebastian (and a Blue Moon)

[Yes, yes, I apologize that it has been ages since I last posted.  Of course if you keep up with me via RSS then it is easy to follow along -- no need to keep checking the site.  There are a few more posts waiting  -- I just need to get them out of my head and onto Live Writer]

Last Thursday/Friday I took two days off work to go out to Shenandoah National Park.  I hiked around during the day but spent the night in one of the nearby towns.

Well, rather than be smart about it and seek out a local restaurant, I ended up at one of those Thank Ruby it's a Chili Outback-type places.  But it did lead to an interesting observation, or two.

The music set they were playing included a song by Belle and Sebastian.  I found that cool (although my sister might not have -- we don't always share the same tastes in music).  The song was White Collar Boy.  I had to remind myself to check when I got home -- I was hoping for the sake of comedy that this would be off the album Dear Catastrophe Waitress.  Alas, it was not.  Still, it was not the type of song I expected from such a place.

The other interesting part was when I asked what beers they had.  The waitress went through a list of the regular things that I would avoid, and then ended with "and Blue Moon."  The problem with that is Blue Moon is a brewery, not a specific beer type.  Almost like trying to sell someone a car and just telling them it's a Ford or Toyota.

In case you are wondering, it was their Belgian White, which is by far the most common Blue Moon beer, so I should have guessed it.  Don't let the name of the beer fool you it was probably the darkest color beer they offered.  And yes, I foolishly forgot to ask them to serve it in a room temperature glass, so I ended up with their ice frosted glass -- ugh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home