Thursday, March 24, 2005

Read it Before it is Gone

I would like to post a warning that you don't have much longer to read some of my posts. In recognition that some of my post that mention my employer, and yet do not provide a balanced view, I intend to edit some of my posts.

I want all of you to know that I love my job, and I love the company I work for. If I did not, I would quit. It is that simple.

But it obviously isn't that simple. I am opinionated (if you haven't picked that up from my prior posts), and sometimes my opinion are not the same as the company I work for.

It is fairly common to have different opinions from other people or companies that you like. It is perfectly fine (at least in my opinion) to be critical when you think the decision is not only wrong. But is telling the whole world your complaint the answer? Sometimes it is, but other times it isn't.

Should one proclaim the great successes and achievements. Certainly. I have chosen not to, as I fear that will give away too much about the company I work for, and will therefore connect my complaints back to my company for the whole world to see. Sure, friends and family know who I work for, but they also know how much I like the work my company does.

Enough rambling from me. Feel free to let me know what you think. I believe I may have an alternate for my negative comments (feel free to contact me directly for details)

-------

Update. I have already edited out most of it. Argh! A nagging pain that I have lost some of the best work on this site (and yes I was stupid enough to not backup any of the writing that I edited or deleted, so my wisdom is lost forever).

I have one more piece, which will probably have to be deleted completely, but I can't bring myself to do that at the moment.

-- Andy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home