Saturday, March 26, 2005

Ben Snell, is that really you?

I tend to delete stuff that goes to my "potential spam" folder without giving it a second thought.

But something caught my eye this time. While the subject line made no sense, the address claimed to be Ben Snell. Not his usual address, but something really odd.

Is it just that spammers have gotten so good that they know I know someone named Ben Snell, and are faking an address with his name? Or are there lots of Ben Snells in the world, and I have only had the chance to meet one of them? Or do spammers use every name to every person with the hope that one day same fool like me will say "I recognize that name, it must not be spam."

Sorry that my blog had become a repository of questions as of late, but there are just so many things I don't know the answer to.

-- Andy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home